DAIRY FREE, SOYA FREE, NUT FREE & WHEAT/GLUTEN FREE CUPCAKES MADE WITH RICE FLOUR.
I made these rice flour cupcakes because I was trying to crack a great recipe for one of my cookery school students who has had a recent gluten-free diagnosis. She’s attending my cake decorating course and this week’s lesson is called:
‘How to make the perfect cupcake’.
There are 3 keys to success when making any cupcakes.
- A superb foolproof cupcake recipe.
- An equally superb frosting – one that is as good as the cake!
- The frosting to cake ratio – aim for 1:1 to get them perfect.
These cupcakes can easily be topped with fondant icing to produce a finished gluten-free cake everyone will enjoy. All fondant icing is gluten-free and it is available at most supermarkets in a range of colours, equally you can make your own.
100g rice flour – I used Doves Farm Flour
1 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free) or 3/4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda mixed with 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoons vanilla essence
110g dairy and soya free spread (Vitalite)
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 3 and line a baking tray with 12 paper cupcake cases.
2. Place all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and blend using an electric whisk. Divide the mixture between the 12 cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until you can insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean