Do you dream in chocolate? These easy to make cupcakes work every time but be warned they don’t last very long so you might need to double the mixture especially if you are surrounded by chocolate lovers, as I am.
150 g (5 oz) unsalted butter/ margarine (softened)
150 (5oz) caster sugar
175 (less 1 dessert spoon) self raising flour
1 dessert spoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F/ Gas mark 4.
- Line a bun tray with paper cake cases.
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until it is light and creamy. Scrape the mixture from round the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is combined properly.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cake cases.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until the cakes have risen and are just firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.